Tuesday, September 11, 2012

{diy}

a quick, cheap and very easy mini bar

For about a year I have had a vision of a small bar cart type mini bar in our home.  The house we recently moved in to had the perfect little spot for one so I slowly began collecting items to put one together.

 

I started with a $15 basic black bookshelf from Walmart.  And I thought it was incredibly boring.  So I bought thumb tacks, yea thumb tacks, and created a nice nailhead trim boarder.  It was super easy and with Jeff's help we got it done in less than 10 minutes.
 
Next, I pulled out all of the items hiding in my kitchen cabinets.  The white bowl, wine glasses, beer mugs and wine decanter were all wedding gifts (from Macy's); the champagne flutes were used for our wedding toast and the shot glasses were collected from some of our favorite vacation spots.  Each one of the items is special and I love to finally have a place to display them!
 
 
Off I went to my favorite little HUGE antique store and found the whiskey decanters for around $5 each. I love, love, love whiskey decanters!
 

[one of them was about half full...and then Jeff had a friend over and I came home to that lol]
 
I knew I wanted some kind of cute little sign included in our bar so I bought a few silver serving trays from Dollar Tree and some chalkboard paint. 
 
 
Our mini bar was added for less than $30!  Don't you love that?!  I am very happy with how it turned out and it perfectly fills up the extra space in our dining room.   Now all I need to do is make a trip to liquor store to stock it!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment